CHOCOLATE COVERED ALMONDS | MADE IN NC
Chocolate Covered Almonds are homemade in small batches by Artisans With Disabilities in North Carolina. These Chocolate Covered Almonds are deliciously crunchy and lightly salted almonds. All the Chocolate Covered Almonds are doubled coated with a thick layer of rich milk chocolate. These Chocolate Covered Almonds are as good as a pecan can be, guaranteed.
The Chocolate Covered Almonds are available in a 11 ounce air tight and tamper proof jar and a 7 ounce resealable bag, Either the Chocolate Covered Almond Bag and The Chocolate Covered Almond Jar are perfect as a gift or for snacking. Sorry, ONLY available in the store during summer months.
BENFITS OF ALMONDS (CHOCOLATE COVERED ALMONDS)
Do you know how beneficial almonds are for your health?
Almonds are my favorite nut. Most mornings I add 7 to 10 almonds to my breakfast. Almonds are tasty and nutritious as most people will agree.
1. They reduce heart attack risk.
Those who consume nuts five times a week have about a 50 percent reduction in risk of heart attack according to the Loma Linda School of Public Health.
2. They lower ‘bad’ cholesterol.
Almonds added to the diet have a favorable effect on blood cholesterol levels, according to a clinical study by Dr. Gene Spiller, Director of the Health Research and Studies Center, Inc.
3. They protects artery walls from damage.
It was found that the flavoring in almond skins work in synergy with the vitamin E, thus reducing the risk of heart disease (Research at Tufts University).
4. Almonds help build strong bones and teeth.
The phosphorus in almonds helps make this possible.
5. They provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss:
- Although nuts are high in fat, frequent nut eaters are thinner on average than those who almost never consume nuts. (Data from the Nurses’ Health Study)
- Those who ate nuts at least two times per week were 31 percent less likely to gain weight than were those who never or seldom ate them in a study involving 8865 adults. (WHFood’s article on almonds)
6. Almonds lower the rise in blood sugar and insulin after meals.
7. They help provide good brain function.
Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, nutrients that boost brain activity and may also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
8. They nourish the nervous system.
According to Ayurveda, almonds help increase high intellectual level and longevity.
9. They alkalize the body.
Almonds are the only nut and one of the few proteins that are alkaline forming. When your body is not alkaline enough, you risk osteoporosis, poor immune function, low energy and weight gain.