CHOCOLATE COVERED PECANS | MADE IN NC
CHOCOLATE COVERED PECANS are homemade in small batches by Artisans With Disabilities in North Carolina. These CHOCOLATE COVERED PECANS are deliciously crunchy and lightly salted pecans halves. All the CHOCOLATE COVERED PECAN are doubled coated with a thick layer of rich milk chocolate. These CHOCOLATE COVERED PECANS are as good as a pecan can be, guaranteed. The CHOCOLATE COVERED PECANS are available in a 15 ounce air tight and tamper proof jar and a 7 ounce resealable bag, Either the CHOCOLATE COVERED PECAN Bag and The CHOCOLATE COVERED PECAN Jar are perfect as a gift or for snacking. Sorry, ONLY available in the store during summer months.
WHAT PECANS HAVE TO OFFER (CHOCOLATE COVERED PECANS)
- Promoting Digestive Health, Relieving Constipation – Fiber is essential for promoting colon health and paving way for regular bowel movements. The fiber found in pecans help to clean out the gastrointestinal system, allowing the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency. Some other benefits relating to fiber and colon health are reduced risks of colitis, colon cancer, and hemorrhoids.
- Boosting Heart Health – Fiber is also known to boost heart health. Pecans also contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fats like oleic acid along with phenolic antioxidants. Both of these substances help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes. Additionally, one study (of many studies coming to similar conclusions) published in the August 2006 issue of Nutrition Research found that pecans (Homemade Butter Roasted Pecans) may help prevent coronary heart disease by inhibiting unwanted oxidation of blood lipids.
- Promoting Bone and Teeth Health, Preventing Muscle Soreness, and More – After calcium phosphorus is the most abundant minerals in the body, with 85% of it being found in bones and teeth. The other 15% can be found in both cells and tissues. In addition to helping the body to cleanse waste, the mineral partners up with calcium to promote the health of your bones and teeth. Additionally, the mineral is essential for the growth and repair of cells and tissues along with the production of DNA and RNA. Lastly, phosphorus helps prevent muscle pain following exercise.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Pecans are rich in magnesium – a mineral known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. One study found that ”inflammatory indicators in the body such as CRP (C-reactive protein), TNF (tumor necrosis factor alpha), and IL6 (interleukin 6) were all reduced when magnesium intake was increased.” Further, inflammation in the arterial walls was also reduced with magnesium intake. Based the findings of this study, magnesium can effectively reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, and other inflammation-related health ailments.
- Reduced Blood Pressure – Magnesium has also been shown to help lower blood pressure. Again, pecans are rich in magnesium.
- Reduced Stroke Risk – After evaluating 7 studies published over a 14 year time period, researchers found stroke risk was reduced by 9% for every every 100 milligrams of magnesium a person consumes per day. The research can be found in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- Breast Cancer Risk – Like olive oil, pecans contain oleic acid, a fatty acid with some promising benefits. One of oleic acid’s prime benefits revolves around the reduced risk of breast cancer, where the substance has been shown to induce migration and proliferation in breast cancer cells, and promote an increase in breast cancer cell evasiveness.
CHOCOLATE COVERED PECANS is another awesome product made by ARTISANS WITH DISABILITIES in North Carolina.
EACH PURCHASE SUPPORTS ARTISANS WITH DISABILITIES.